What tuner needed for DPF delete?

codbassington

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im interested in installing a tuner on my stock 08 6.4, then in the future i want to look into dpf delete, cold air intake, exhaust etc.

Can the standard tuners such as the edge juice accomodate the aftermarket component upgrades? or does the truck require a custom tune for each component?

Thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im interested in installing a tuner on my stock 08 6.4, then in the future i want to look into dpf delete, cold air intake, exhaust etc.

Can the standard tuners such as the edge juice accomodate the aftermarket component upgrades? or does the truck require a custom tune for each component?

Thanks

WELCOME Aboard ;tu;tu

Not a 6.4 guy, but I'm sure the 6.4 guys will be along shortly to Snap you in on what tuners will work for ya.

One thing I would recommend, up front (?), is a set of Gauges First. Boost, EGT and a more accurate Trans temp gauge. The stock Ford trans temp gauge is very well known to be.. Not accurate.. at all, if you put your truck to work at all... After a Tuner.

Installing those 3 gauges First.. gives you Safety Baseline to work from.. as you do the Mods you plan on.

Joe

hetner1102

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where to start

There is no need in buying extra gauges at an extra cost. I have the H and S Mini Maxx tuner, and just love it. It will display and 4 gauges you want on the home screen, fuel pressure, boost, trans temp, coolant temp, horsepower, torque, pyrometer, RPM, speed, TC Lockup, Tire Pressure, speedometer adjustments, tire size, just to name a few. Do your research, go to their website and see. The power settings can be adjusted on the fly with the push of a button. I know for a fact if you buy the H and S you will never need another. It will be compatible with any modifications you add to you truck in the future. They have a great customer service department, the guys there will assist you in whatever you need. Dont buy thru them, can find it cheaper if you shop around. But it didnt matter they are very professional, and always willing to help no matter how long it takes.
I have an H and S and completely love it. It is also interenet upgradeable, so anytime they make a change you just download the newest version from their website for free. They even throw in the cable and the sandisk card/adaptor when you buy it. Like I said, you would never need another one. The gauge pod that you can buy is awesome, it comes in black, but I painted mine to match the interior of the truck before installing. Installation takes about 20 minutes depending on how particulate you are on running your cables. My cables are all hid, very clean install, and it took me about 20-30 minutes.
Good luck, I hope this helps you in making a decision.

hetner1102

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
1 more thing

Just an FYI that EDGE Products is getting out of the tuner business, the restrictions are to high for them especially when it comes to being EPA compliant. the tree huggers are trying to stop all that stuff. So if you get a deal on a EDGE but in a year there is no technical support you would have to buy another tuner at that point. Buy the best from the beginning and dont worry about it. Food for thought.......

Ratheon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You can see my setup below. I wouldn't change a thing! The debate on tuners can be nasty at times. Nobody that spends big $$$ on a tuner likes to admit if they went wrong. I have had all three of the major brands and settled on the H&S for several reasons specific to my needs (dd, towing, built in gauges, defueling, etc.) H&S tunes are pretty good too. All three are good and have good tunes available for them as well as good costumer service. Look at what features are important to you and make your decision that way.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr