Question What's on the right front that doesn't like to get wet?

ToddOH43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Twice now my 2001 F350 has died due to a large amount of water on the right front.

Once when running thru a puddle, and once at the car wash when the attendant sprayed the right front corner. Both times leaving the truck sit for an hour or so solved the problem.

Is there something on the passenger inner fender that doesnt like to get wet?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDM and PCM are just behind the driver's front fender and neither like being wet, but you're talking about the passenger's corner.

ToddOH43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those two are on the driver's side.

All I see is the little electric vacuum pump and the reservoir for it on the passenger side.

I'm totally stumped on this one.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are electrical connections near the right battery, including the alternator and a handful of fused links. I would look carefully for bare wires somewhere near there.

Dave :dunno

ToddOH43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There are electrical connections near the right battery, including the alternator and a handful of fused links. I would look carefully for bare wires somewhere near there.

Dave :dunno

I've noticed a relay of some sort, and another electrical gizmo over there but I dont have a clue what they are. The alternator is over on the drivers side, so I'm pretty sure thats not the culprit.

I guess I'm just going to have to dig into it and see what happens.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The alternator is over on the drivers side, so I'm pretty sure thats not the culprit.

I guess I'm just going to have to dig into it and see what happens.

Sorry, I was thinking of my 6.0 and not your 7.3. My Bad.:sorry

Dave

dpantazis

Reaction score
i would not assume that the water is staying on the right side.

best bet is to take some time and do a proper water test and see if you can re-create the condition. scientific like. spray one area at a time starting from the bottom and work your way up and from side to side.

ToddOH43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i would not assume that the water is staying on the right side.

best bet is to take some time and do a proper water test and see if you can re-create the condition. scientific like. spray one area at a time starting from the bottom and work your way up and from side to side.

I'm not assuming that, I know that for a fact. Both times the only place under the hood where there was any water was the passenger side of the engine compartment, and mostly the fender well.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Was the hood open when all this happened? I'd have to go look at my truck and see. Sounds like the flux capacitor is gettin wet but who knows :dunno:D. I'd just leave the truck runnin and do yer tests like dp said. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64