What's the JOB # ?

Hooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I trying to make an informed descision about replacing my 99PSD with an 08,
but could use some information on what it is I'm looking at. If some of you
could give me a good steer, I'd appreciate it.

gregmc720

GrEgGy BoY
Reaction score
I trying to make an informed descision about replacing my 99PSD with an 08,
but could use some information on what it is I'm looking at. If some of you
could give me a good steer, I'd appreciate it.
No idea my friend. Sorry for no help.

Hooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the window sticker, it says "Job #1 Build Identifier". I thought I remembered reading some where it has something to do with the trucks production. I would like to find out if later "Job #s" mean they would be
a better truck, with corrections made over the earlier ones.

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
On the window sticker, it says "Job #1 Build Identifier". I thought I remembered reading some where it has something to do with the trucks production. I would like to find out if later "Job #s" mean they would be
a better truck, with corrections made over the earlier ones.

You're pretty close with that statement. I believe Job #1 was the early trucks that came out in January of 07. Job #2 trucks came out around August of 07 and the Job #3 trucks came out as the 09 models. Job #1's had the short air dam under the front bumper. Job #2's had a lower hanging front air dam and (for increased MPG) and were the first trucks offered with the rear view camera. Job #3 trucks saw the change to numerically lower gears to drop engine RPM for better MPG and the deletion of the High Capacity Trailer Tow Package on F-450 pickups. These are the major items of change that I know. I'm sure others will jump in to fine tune my info and get you specific details. Hope this helps you.

Hooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed explanation. The dealers don't have many trucks on their lots
to choose from, so I'll keep looking for one with a later (#2 or #3).

Fine69

Reaction score
You can tell from the window sticker, if it doesn't list a Job #, then its Job 1. Job #'s only change when something changes on the production of trucks, such as a different color, or some new option. Job # can also change anytime the line makes a running change. There were 3 different Job#'s for 2008 production. Like right now 2009's are starting Job 2 because the line was shutdown for 7 weeks for re-tooling.

dieseldoc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No Window Sticker

I bought my 08 F350 Duelly used. So.. is there another way to tell the Job# without a window sticker?

Thanks

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought my 08 f350 duelly used. So.. Is there another way to tell the job# without a window sticker?

Thanks

OASIS? You should get an OASIS report anyway, just to see what was done to the truck through the dealer(s).

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58