Wheezing noise

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hey,

I noticed lately that a wheezing or whining noise has started possibly near the turbo. It almost sounds like an electric motor straining, its very faint and only heard on idle, or slightly above idle but once the engine revs up you can not hear it. Also seems to be more pronouned after really getting on the throttle for a while. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Jeff

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Jeff, I got your PM.

This sounds somewhat like my problem description from late October. Mine sounded like a traditional power steering pump that was running dry. The issue turned out to be the HPOP, which was covered by warranty.

May be worth checking into....

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hi,

Mine seems to be just a change in the turbo whine sound im accustom to hearing, my turbo is rather new so maybe this is normal. However I did notice it has a few codes which are:

P0500 Very recent
P0528 Older, since I bought my programmer
P0603 Same as above

If anyone could provide some insight on these codes that would be great.

Thanks
Jeff

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
My bad, low power steering fluid. Topped it up and all seems good, I didn't know the same pump was used for steering and braking, hence why I was feeling an odd sensation in the brake pedal.

Thanks!
Jeff

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Awesome! Good find. Yeah, throw out everything you ever knew about the power steering pump. All the rules change with the PSD. That pump assists the brakes also

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg