When regenerate?

mackman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 f-350 with 1100 miles. when should the DPF start the regeneration process? I have barely noticed a screen on the display, when driving, saying "cleaning DPF" then ok. Then changes back to previous screen. Is it cleaning? Or do you have to press the ok button to start it? I've had many diesels but none w/DPF systems.

mackman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That message comes on just about 5 mins from home. that's what bothers me. About how long does it usually take to complete a cycle? About how often? (1,000mi, 2500mi?, just wondering when to expect it or worry if it doesn't happen)

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how dirty your Dpf is. Also how much cetane is in your fuel. If I get cheep fuel like walmart fuel it will go into clean mode sooner the fuel from like hess or shell fuel. I can hear my truck go into cleaning mode. It gets loud driving or sitting at a light.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

steve12050

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a new 2012 F 350 with about 1200 miles on it Noticed my fuel milage going from 19.5mpg dropping fast to about 15mpg this started hapening about 5 miles from home when I got home my truck was smelling hot and noticed 2 warnings on my info But could not access them to see what the problem was so hopfully its just the regeneration, and will it continue when I take back off?? and how long does the process usually last 5 ,10 ,15 ,20 Min??

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 08 does go into regeneration as short as 5min as long as 30min. I have found that when it happens I get on the big road and go WOT till I him the speed limit. Most time it done in 5 miles or so. I have had white crap fly out the pipe which is ash from the regeneration. If your driving home and your truck goes in to regeneration best thing is drive it till it clears. If not your truck will go right back into regeneration as soon as everything gets to temp. It's a pain in the butt, but theres no other fix but to delete it. I have no clue on the new trucks but on my truck it will go into regeneration at 30 mph but you have to get the truck over 45 mph or you get a message that says DRIVE TRUCK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58