Where can I get a tester PCM?

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Still having problems starting when the interior of the truck is warm :dunno as described ad nauseum in my other post. Tried replacing the CPS yet again to see if I could get a signal on the tach when cranking, still no reading.

I either have an intermittent, heat-exacerbated short, or (as Daryl has repeatedly theorized) a bum PCM.

So...to test the second theory I want to know if anyone has a spare PCM I could swap into my truck to see if I can get the tach moving while cranking.

The code is NVK4.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Brian,

I have already forgotton, but have you tried removing your chip yet? If so, what are the results? Are all connectors on your PCM good and snug also?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
RazzyB said:
Still having problems starting when the interior of the truck is warm :dunno as described ad nauseum in my other post. Tried replacing the CPS yet again to see if I could get a signal on the tach when cranking, still no reading.

I either have an intermittent, heat-exacerbated short, or (as Daryl has repeatedly theorized) a bum PCM.

So...to test the second theory I want to know if anyone has a spare PCM I could swap into my truck to see if I can get the tach moving while cranking.

The code is NVK4.

I just ran across a NVK3 with a chip installed, I know nothing about it, came out of a salvage truck. I would be willing to trust you if you sent a an prepaid envelope to me. I don't know if you can change from NVK4 to NVK3 without a problem tho :dunno Lets let the guys chime in on that part of it. I plan on sending this pcm to Jody Tipton for a special tune or two but thats a month out from now. So I would have no problem with you paying shipping and using it for a couple of days before sending it back. Trustworthy :sweet in Texas Bryan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58