Question Where can I run my amp wire thru the firewall?

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a dummy plug or some sort of hole but can't seem to find one. I also heard that there should be a hole somewhere for the clutch assembly (mine's an automatic) that I could use to run the wire as well, but I can't find that one either. So where are you guys running your wire through your firewall? Also, where do you hook up your wire to once it's inside the engine compartment. In the past, I've hooked my amp wire to a solenoid lookin' thingy (can't remember the name of that thing :doh:), but in the diesel, can't seem to find that either. I've finished building my box for behind my rear seat in my crew cab and my 2008 tweeter panels came in, so I'm pretty much ready to get my system hooked up, just need to figure out how to get the wire from point A to point B.

Coastal6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Looking from under the hood, next to the brake booster, on the right, you'll see a chrome/silver piece of metal(looks like metal) flat on the firewall. Push on it and it should have a little play in it. Poke a hole in it and run your wire through it. It's just a piece of Dynamat(pliable adhesive sound insulation). It's soft, so you can make a good size hole in it if need be. If you have an aftermarket radio you can tap blue/white on back to turn the amp on, and just hook up your 12volt main lead to either battery.

Last edited:

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Coastal! Looks like this is going to be easier than I though, even the firewall insulation in the cab has a perforated flap on the other side of that hole that covers it up. Thanks for the picture, too. Took me exactly two seconds to find it!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Roosters Idea....

I ran mine thru the rubber firewall plugs pictured.

I came up thru the floor for my trans temp feed...

if your gonna run wire under the cab make, even if it IS thru the
frame rail make SURE your put it in some kinda protective conduit.

its a little easier to run it IN the cab & hide it in the door sills (no
real need for the split loom)...ive got 2ga wire running in the sills
w/ plenty of room for more wire.

just remember the BEST practice is to run power down one side
and your signal lines (rca) down the other side of the truck.

nylon-wireloom_sm.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64