Where to buy u-joint?

aaklingler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had trouble finding u-joints that fit correctly? I bought 3 for the wheel joint on my 96 dana 60 and all 3 the cross was too wide. What brand do you guys use?
Allen

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
NEAPCO is a USA company that makes u-joints. Many of the u-joints sold by Advance Auto parts, Car Quest and others are reboxed NEAPCO ones.

When I did u-joints recently, the first ones I got where too small across even though the cap diameter was right. So it sounds like I had the opposite problem.

The first caps I had which were too small, IIRC were a 2-0053 NEAPCO number or whatever the CarQuest number was for that joint was. I went and got some 2-0054 u-joints which were the same cap diameter, but were larger across.

So I suspect what you got were a 2-0054 or equivalent, but need a 2-0053. This all makes sense since Superduty trucks with the 7.3 began using a larger u-joint than the OBS trucks did.

If you'd like, you can look up your u-joint part number here in the NEAPCO U-Joint Catalog.

aaklingler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm talking wheel joint and the neapco number is 3-0332 which looking in the catalog you gave the link for the yoke should measure 3" on the inside, which it does and on the u-joint at the outside of the snap ring groove it should be 3". I have gotten 2 neapco u-joints, 1 precision and I just got a spicer and between all 4 measure 3.025-3.070". Has anybody else seen this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14