Where to buy Wicked Wheel

AnthonySD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am still new to diesels. I just did the DIY Tymar and straight piped the exhaust on my late 1999 7.3. I am now getting the compressor surge while towing. As I have read on here, the Wicked Wheel is the most cost effective option for curing the surge. Where does everyone get there's from? Is there any place that is less expensive than another?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found mine on xtremediesel.com for $75...cheapest I found. But dont be in a hurry to get it....took me about 4 weeks to get it in due to back order. Haven't got it installed yet. And I really question whether my turbo is surging or not. I think its just the waste gate trying to open, making it sound like an air surge through a tight space. But I got the wheel now. So I gotta find someone to put it in or get the nerve to take my $h!t apart.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I'm gonna throw this out there, and I know there will be differing opinions on it, but if you want your turbo to last, and you want the install done right. You need to have the shaft rebalanced with the new wicked wheel on it. There are a lot of guys out there that didnt do it, and they are fine, but im almost positive thats what killed by turbo.

140k turbo-trouble free miles, and then the WW goes on. 150k miles...turbo goes south because the shaft was bent and it was actually out of balance. Obviously, I pulled 20 lbs of boost each time i drove it, so that combined with the shaft not being balanced, lead to the ultimate demise.

Just my 2 cents...im sure someone else will chime in.

AnthonySD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wicked Wheel

Thanks guys for the info. I'll give Bob a shout tomorrow. Are the shafts on these turbos so fragile you can bend the shaft removing the wheel? Even if careful?

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr