Which Coolant?

Reverie

Driver of the Bus
Reaction score
I understand going into this I might be asking a religious question but which brand of engine coolant is best for the 6.0? My engine seems to be down a little coolant, to the point I can no longer see it in the bottle. Any suggestions or things to watch out for? By the way, this has taken about four months and five thousand miles to go down.

Reverie

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I understand going into this I might be asking a religious question but which brand of engine coolant is best for the 6.0? My engine seems to be down a little coolant, to the point I can no longer see it in the bottle. Any suggestions or things to watch out for? By the way, this has taken about four months and five thousand miles to go down.

Reverie
Long story short; your losing coolant somewhere. The first step is to figure out where it's going. A coolant system pressure test to start, check for external leaks. It could be as simple as a lose hose/fitting, crack in degaus bottle, or as bad as headgasket leak, cracked egr cooler. The leak might only happen when it's extremely hot under load, when towing. Do you have a good dealer their that you're comfortable with? Good Luck.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is only ONE coolant that is recommended for the 6.0 engines/trucks - GOLD coolant!
Fordoor is correct. Get it checked out first.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg