Which GPS is right for me?

chrispugs1967

chrispugs
Reaction score
I bought a Tom Tom only to find out later that the Tom Toms dont support truck routs. In New York combination plates are not allowed on their parkways and since i travel there alot i need a GPS that supports truck routes. i dont want to spend $350 on a unit for truckers since i dont have to worry about low bridges and weight restrictions. Can anyone help me out with a unit that may be used for both cars and truck routes. thanks for your help Chris

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Tom Tom only to find out later that the Tom Toms dont support truck routs. In New York combination plates are not allowed on their parkways and since i travel there alot i need a GPS that supports truck routes. i dont want to spend $350 on a unit for truckers since i dont have to worry about low bridges and weight restrictions. Can anyone help me out with a unit that may be used for both cars and truck routes. thanks for your help Chris

I recently got a Garmin 465T*.. It has both Auto & Truck routing.. by just selecting what you want from it. Loaded in the Length, Width, Height & GCVW Weight bla bla bla..

Only thing is.. it was about 300.00

I looked around purdy good.. seemed Garmin was the only one that had a GPS with a.. Auto & Truck feature.

Joe

* On Edit. Ordered mine thru Walmart, On-line price was cheaper.. free Shipping, to the local store.

Last edited:

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got a Garmin 465T*.. It has both Auto & Truck routing.. by just selecting what you want from it. Loaded in the Length, Width, Height & GCVW Weight bla bla bla..

Only thing is.. it was about 300.00
I looked around purdy good.. seemed Garmin was the only one that had a GPS with a.. Auto & Truck feature.

Joe

* On Edit. Ordered mine thru Walmart, On-line price was cheaper.. free Shipping, to the local store.

I spent $250 on my Magellan and it doesn't do truck routing so that's really not a bad deal. If I get another driving job in the future I'll probably spend the money for the Garmin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58