Which Programmer?

Aramburu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 F350 and I'm interested in intalling a programmer. I do some light towing (26 ft. travel trailer) but am more interested in increased milage and the ability to tweek settings for fun. I have done some research and have run into the many programmers out there so I was hoping that some of you folks might enlighten me with your knowledge and experience.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
big question is
how important is your warranty

then look around lots of good products out there

i had a predator in my 02 liked it alot
decided against in my 06 due to warrnty and its my house mover, still have concerns for the head gaskets and all.
maybe soon though only time can tell

i am sure you will get tons of info real soon
and welcome to teh site :sweet

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
welcome
if your gonna chip it get gauges first.... then i would think a good 4 inch exhaust would be better then just chiping it straight up (and some wont void warrentty [ive heard some dealers sell and install hog performane exhaust.])...... that just my :2c

good luck

LIPD

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
there are alot i personelly like the SCT but the edge stuff is nice cause it gives you gauges with the tuner.

03bighossf250

Da Man
Reaction score
Or you can get the real deal that doesnt void your warranty. BANKS more money but definetly worth it if you ask me. I increase my MPG to 20 on the interstate and about 17-18 around town. That is if you can keep your foot outta it.

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Aramburu,

If you're out to do some tweaking like you mentioned then the Edge Platinum is for you. Gets' you a FULL set of gauges that you need anyway, a turbo timer which is very useful and will make your turbo last! Plus it has nearly infinite changeable features for the HP, trans etc that you can make based on your use at the time. You'll also want to consider an intake an exhuast to get the max benefit out of the Edge!

No products are warranty safe so the easiest thing to do is remove it prior to any dealer visit, FYI.

Call us if you want we're one of the oldest companies out there and have been warming up diesels since we got our first one a 1985 6.9, what a dog that is compared to today!!! We'll be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

Aramburu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. Warranty is important due to the issues Ford has been having. I had 1300 miles on mine when the engine light came on and it ended up being the glow plug modulator which they had to replace. As far as intakes go are there big differences and does oiled versus non oiled make a difference. I was also thinking of a oil bypass filter. Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58