Which tuner Spartan or Edge?

archermatt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I talked with people from both companies today and wanted to get your opinions on which tuner to buy. I did not want to make any major mods that could be so obvious as to void my warranty and plug my DPF.

Edge says their attitude with juice is a piggy back system that can't be seen by ford if removed as it does not reflash the system. It only does 70 HP at the highest tune but is only $700 or less

Spartan will put out 150 HP, without the DPF delete but is over $1200 + and is a smaller company and have read some cons to having it on here. It does reflash the system but Matt says he is able to prevent ford from seeing it.

Any thoughts on which one you would go with?

broncbustin2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will sell you my Edge at a good price. If I had it to do over again I would go with the Spartan. The Edge is easy to install and use, and is a improvement over stock. The Spartan seems to have much more flexability, but at a higher price.

08stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
spartan is the only way to go, you will regret putting anything else on your truck

oldtimer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I too was thinking about the warranty and being caught by ford. I bowed to caution and bought a bullydog for my 08 F250. Safe bet.

These trucks come from the factory already neutered.

Anything will help get them going. If I had to do it again...I would have bought the spartan. Actually, I plan to get the spartan as soon as I figure out how to get the wife off my ass for wasting $$ the first time.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spartan tunes are the best for the 6.4L unless you have a chip writen for it. The edge is to hard on the trannies from what I have heard.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just keepin it simple and not to $$$$ i went with dpf-r cat/dpf delete which i got from h&s performance and runin a rbp programmer that puts out 115hp just enough to hot rod around but still do work hahah the only minus about dpf-r is waiting 10 secs before u start the key it resets the dpf which i think spartan it just turns it off completely other than that i got my dpf off and im happy ill waste more money later when i see things out there improve for the 6.4 with no flaws i already jump the gun huckin the dpf and cat at 14k ALL I HAVE TO SAY ITS JUST A CHANCE YOUR WILLING TO TAKE AND IF YOUR ONE THAT TAKES CHANCES THEN DO IT !

Last edited:

painthousetexas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I too was thinking about the warranty and being caught by ford. I bowed to caution and bought a bullydog for my 08 F250. Safe bet.

These trucks come from the factory already neutered.

Anything will help get them going. If I had to do it again...I would have bought the spartan. Actually, I plan to get the spartan as soon as I figure out how to get the wife off my ass for wasting $$ the first time.
Hey Oldtimer,
You put a Bullydog on the '08? I am being told by two dealers (i know!) and an independent mechanic (friend) who all say Ford WILL be able to tell if it was ever installed, even after an uninstall. Your comments indicate that you used BD because it was safe concerning your warranty. Do you know this for a fact? I HATE the economy and using twice the amount of diesel will not help our precious environment; it will just send twice as much fuel tax to our loving government. Any feedback is welcome. I want to use a programmer to help with economy, but don't want to give Ford back 97,000 miles of warranty. The extra performance is just icing on the cake.

oldtimer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Oldtimer,
You put a Bullydog on the '08? I am being told by two dealers (i know!) and an independent mechanic (friend) who all say Ford WILL be able to tell if it was ever installed, even after an uninstall. Your comments indicate that you used BD because it was safe concerning your warranty. Do you know this for a fact?
The dealership put it on for me. The guys I deal with are pretty cool. I think they know the BD is pretty mild compared to most tuners available. However, if MPG is what your concerned with...DPF/DOC delete pipe is in your future. I don't hand calc MPG, but the lie-ometer reads 11.5-11.9 in the city. About the same as stock, only with bigger cahones.

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
I can't speak for EDGE, but I do like the Spartan... even though their customer service ranks down there with amoebas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64