• Grille guard

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Stock bumper w/ front receiver

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
I currently have a Ranch hand grille guard... one that bolts onto the bumper. I was thinking about swamping my stuff for my dads bumper off his 96 and get a front receiver hitch. Sometimes I think my 2wd is too small for a grille guard but it looks cool. But looks aside its just a chunk of metal on the front of my truck... serves no purpose other than looks. Does anyone have a front mount receiver hitch on their 2wd? I saw one that said no drilling and only took about 40 minutes even with little knowledge but really wanna see how it sits with the bumper I guess... sorry for rambling what do ya'll think?

Last edited:

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Chris unless you NEED the front recvr I'd leave the grille guard on it looks good.

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a front receiver on my truck. I did have to enlarge the existing holes in the frame to mount it though (no big deal). I use it as part of my boat loader rack, but they can be used for many other purposes as well (bike racks, moving trailers, etc.). Cheers!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Why not both? I have a grill guard that goes on over the bumper and the front receivers go under the bumper. You can also have a receiver on a ranchhand style bumper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14