Whine from HPFP?

zgriffx4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've done a good bit of googling and all but just trying to confirm that this sound is the HPFP and that more than likely it needs a new filter and o rings. Just wanted to see if anyone could maybe confirm this before taking it in.

It makes the sound when the pump is priming for 15seconds or so and then stops.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

bcvickers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don't know what that whine is but it sure isn't the HPFP because the engine isn't running. You're not hearing anything from the primary filter/pump area under the drivers side frame rail?

zgriffx4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don't know what that whine is but it sure isn't the HPFP because the engine isn't running. You're not hearing anything from the primary filter/pump area under the drivers side frame rail?
Ok, I thought maybe the HPFP primed before starting.

The sound only happens when the truck isn't warmed up.

And no the sound is definitely coming from the engine bay. The primary filter/pump area just makes the standard sounds.

bcvickers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Naw, the HPFP is engine driven.

That is odd that it only happens when the truck is cold. Does it directly correlate with the duration of the low pressure pump run time?

zgriffx4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Naw, the HPFP is engine driven.

That is odd that it only happens when the truck is cold. Does it directly correlate with the duration of the low pressure pump run time?
That I'm not sure, I'll listen to it again today and maybe record another video.

zgriffx4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I tried it today and noticed that it doesn't do it when I put the key in to start it up, but instead only when I remote start it. Wonder if it's maybe the starter? [emoji2371]

bcvickers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just listened to it again and that is definitely not the starter. Only happening on remote start is really weird!

Can you take another video of the entire series of events? Have the hood open and the video recording and then press the remote start and record all the way through to the truck actually starting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr