White smoke and no cleaning filter message

Reaction score
Have a truck that will blow white smoke even though the dash says nothing about cleaning. Does it from 30 to 40 mph has been in the teens for a few days and thats when it does it. Any ideas?:dunno

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda confused here, your sig say's 6.0, they don't have DPF's, so what you running? If it's 6.4 go straight to the dealer, white smoke or any smoke, DPF delete not with standing, is not a good sign.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has been doing it to. i brought it back stock for the winter. also my brother in law has an 08 and also sees the same thing. the smoke is so much the car behind you would drop back or even pull over. i guess its normal for extreme cold temps. :dunno

bones2010

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mine started smoking since the weather turned cold, dealer told me that i would see white smoke during regen.

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to get that on cold damp days (I say used to because I now head south for the winter). It was in regen mode but I never saw a message on the message center. I had a computer flash upgrade about a year ago and I now get the message saying it is cleaning the filter. I did see once, when it got cool down here, that it did produce the white smoke when re-gen'ing.

dmayhew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
These are still diesel engines, they may have a lot of modern computers and gadgets, but when poor quality or low centain fuel gets into a a motor and does not ignite corectly, it blows white smoke.

Are you using a fuel booster?

Ever seen a large truck or tractor start up in cold weather?

David

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep it's pretty bad now. 40 mph up a hill or after stopping at a light. I'll make an appointment. I don't think i've had a regen in about 2 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64