White smoke

Gustavo1017

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 2012 F250 with 170K miles. My check engine light came on a while back for the glow plugs. I took it to the mechanic and they said there wasn’t anything wrong with the glow plugs, but that it might be a short in the glow plug module somewhere. Didn’t get to it on time to finish in one day. I’ve been driving it around and recently it started blowing puffs of white smoke at idle and while I drive also. It goes away and then comes back after a good while. Anyone have some idea of what the smoke could be about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nebblkshrt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 2012 F250 with 170K miles. My check engine light came on a while back for the glow plugs. I took it to the mechanic and they said there wasn’t anything wrong with the glow plugs, but that it might be a short in the glow plug module somewhere. Didn’t get to it on time to finish in one day. I’ve been driving it around and recently it started blowing puffs of white smoke at idle and while I drive also. It goes away and then comes back after a good while. Anyone have some idea of what the smoke could be about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Injector cleaner will take care of the white smoke the injector is sticking open. 2 tanks of diesel should see it go away

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track