Why are my interior lights flashing?

Toastruck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Started my truck this morning and noticed my interior lights are flashing. I shut the truck off, opened the door and the lights stay on.
What doses it mean?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Makuloco2000 had something on that in one of his videos. You could PM him and ask.

makuloco2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a video on this but....... I just put one in a fuse junction box in a superduty and before it was programmed the interior lights would blink etc like you are describing and it did so until I was done fully programming it to the vehicle, tire pressure monitor complete etc when all that was done the interior lights stopped flashing and everything was working correctly but not until ALL the programming steps where completed. Did you just install it or the dealer?

makuloco2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed it, that makes sense, when I open my rear doors the lights don't come on.
Thanks
Without it programmed it doesn't know you have a crew cab etc that's why the rear doors don't trigger the int lights etc....
Yeah there is a whole list of things the dealer has to go through to full program to vehicle here is the list-

NOTE: Prior to the replacement of the smart junction box (SJB), it is necessary to upload the module configuration information to the appropriate scan tool. This information must be downloaded into the new SJB after installation. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01. In the event that As-Built data is required (SJB will not communicate), all remote keyless entry (RKE) devices must be programmed to the new SJB. A minimum of 2 devices are necessary to complete the configuration and turn off the flashing interior lights.

NOTE: The tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) functionality is integrated into the SJB. On late build vehicles only, tire pressure sensors are mounted on the wheels. Early build vehicles do not have these tire pressure sensors. Late build vehicles need to have this feature configured on and early build vehicles need to have this feature configured off. This is automatically accomplished during programmable module installation (PMI).

NOTE: The steps included in the SJB removal and installation procedure are critical to restoring the vehicle security and tire pressure monitoring systems to normal operation. A new SJB is delivered in a manufacturing mode with 7 pre-set DTCs. To clear the DTCs, successful configuration of the SJB must occur, followed by successful TPMS sensor training (late build vehicles only), and a successful self-test, including clearing of the DTCs. The DTCs are as follows:

B2477 (Module Configuration Failure)
B106D (Tire Pressure Monitor System [TPMS] Initiators Not Configured)
B2868 (Left Front Tire Pressure Sensor Fault)
B2869 (Right Front Tire Pressure Sensor Fault)
B2870 (Right Rear Tire Pressure Sensor Fault)
B2871 (Left Rear Tire Pressure Sensor Fault)
C2780 (ECU in Manufacturer Sub-State)

NOTE: This step is necessary only if the SJB is being replaced.

Upload the module configuration information from the SJB. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01.
Remove the passenger cowl side trim panel. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05.
NOTE: The upper 12A581 harness SJB (B+) connector may be more easily removed after the SJB bolts are removed and the SJB can be positioned lower and away from the body in order for the connector release tangs to be accessed and pressed.

Disconnect the 7 SJB electrical connectors.
Remove the in-line connector push-pin from the SJB.
Remove the 2 bolts and the SJB.
Installation

Install the 2 bolts and the SJB.
Tighten to 2 Nm (18 lb-in).
Install the in-line connector push-pin on the SJB.
Connect the 7 SJB electrical connectors.
NOTE: If the SJB was not replaced, this is the last step that is necessary.

Install the passenger cowl side trim panel. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05.
NOTE: DTC B2276 may be set, indicating there are less than 2 transmitters programmed to the SJB. For additional information, refer to Section 501-14.

Download the SJB configuration information from the scan tool. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01.
NOTE: This step is applicable to late build vehicles only.

Train the tire pressure sensors. For additional information, refer to Section 204-04.
NOTE: DTC C2780 will not clear if any other DTCs are present in the SJB. When successful, this step will clear the DTC C2780.

Carry out the SJB self-test (must include an on-demand self-test) and then repeat the self-test to confirm all DTCs have been cleared.
Rotate the instrument panel dimmer switch from the full dim position to the dome ON position. This will make sure that all displays are visible under all lighting conditions.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a trip to the dealer coming up.

x2.. WOW.. all That.. for a Changed Out fuse panel. (now called a Smart Junction box)

Ya gota have yer TPMS, and yer RKE stuff talk'n to yer ECU, use'n the SJB or yul git DTC's and blink'n lights ??

Scarey.

Old Joe :fogey :);):lmao

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it's a wonder your BOO switch doesn't interfere with your ERV/ERC or your TAB/TAD operation..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58