Why not in tank pumps like gasser ????

BKB94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was wandering why dosent anyone use in tank pumps? They put out more then enough pressure and GPH. I actually think the 6.4 has in tank pumps now. Reason im asking is im converting my gas truck to diesel and have thought about leaving them in or converting to a SD frame mounted pump. I just dont know what to do.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wandering why dosent anyone use in tank pumps? They put out more then enough pressure and GPH. I actually think the 6.4 has in tank pumps now. Reason im asking is im converting my gas truck to diesel and have thought about leaving them in or converting to a SD frame mounted pump. I just dont know what to do.

It's a lot easier to swap fuel pumps when you don't have to drop the tank to access them...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I dont know if the gasser pumps will be compatible with diesel fuel? Besides if you are going to a 7.3L from the 94-97 generation the fuel pump is engine mounted.

Hemi Hunter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Easier???

It's a lot easier to swap fuel pumps when you don't have to drop the tank to access them...

I'd alot rather drop the tank on my truck than to remove the Turbo, Fuel Filter Canister, and Fuel Presure Regulator just to get to the Fuel Pump!

I'm having a fuel leak problem on the top of the engin, and about to start the second tear down, cause the first try didn't fix it.

CU
Steven

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'd alot rather drop the tank on my truck than to remove the Turbo, Fuel Filter Canister, and Fuel Presure Regulator just to get to the Fuel Pump!

There might be some confusion in this thread,

1. its a really old thread
  2. its posted in the 94-97 PSD forum
  3. the thread starter stated he wanted to convert to a SD style frame mounted pump
  4. is where jvencius chimed in about an in tank pump vs. a SD style frame mounted pump.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
you dont have to remove the turbo when you replace the pump on an obs.

BKB94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow that is old. I actually got the diesel conversion done and ended up using the POS pump on the 96 motor. Had no problems for a few months and now fuel leaks everywhere. I have to replace the 3 blue fuel lines to the fuel bowl along with the heater thermostat in the bowl and a handfull of other o-rings. About $130.00 in parts. i will be converting to a frame mounted fuel pump soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14