Why'd they dump it?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
One reason was a separation from International........

Tbar

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same reason they dumped the 7.3, the 6.0, the 6.4 - upcoming emissions regulations.

The new 6.7 will use EGR technology combined with urea injection to reduce emissions, along with other technology enhancements.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the above and, Warranty re-reimbursement issues on Who paid for What repairs.. as time went on, in the association between FOMOCO and NAVISTAR.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same reason they dumped the 7.3, the 6.0, the 6.4 - upcoming emissions regulations.

The new 6.7 will use EGR technology combined with urea injection to reduce emissions, along with other technology enhancements.

In 5 years they'll dump the 6.7 and go with a 7.0....:dizzy......then it starts all over again with a 6.2 or 5.7...:dunno

What would be sweet is a V10 diesel or a V12 diesel for a super duty.....:stir

Last edited:

Fine69

Reaction score
What would be really sweet is if the frickin EPA wacko's would stop screwin' with everything!

2x6 bulldog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ford and Navistar agreeded to dump each other. Mostly Ford wanted away from Navistar due to warranty issues from the 6.0. The 6.7 also must meet 2010 emmission standards which are much tougher so designed a ground up new engine.

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, just a little paranoid. I found it really strange that they finally got a way from the 6.0's and are only going to use the new motor for 2 years. That's a big cost to build a new engine and replace all the tooling,wiring .... This is my first new truck ever and I'm pretty happy with it. Buddy's have a all different breeds and I'm having the least amount of problems of very body. I love the power and carry capacity and I'm even ok with the mileage for now but it is going to get the full Spartan treatment soon.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
its ridiculous..they keep putting tighter emission restrictions on these trucks that cause the mileage to decrease significantly so we are burning more fuel so arent they just pissin in the wind>?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track