Wicked Wheel and EBPV delete DONE!!!

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Tonight I installed a "Wicked Wheel" and removed my Exhaust Back Pressure Valve. I had an oil leak from the EBPV so since the turbo had to be pulled I went on an did the WW. I never had "Turbo Surge" until pulling my TT last week, so hopefully the WW will fix that. Pulling the TT also lead to some high EGT's in the higher chip settings. So a 4" Magnaflow SS exhaust is due to arrive tomorrow. So by the end of the week the old girl should be ready to tow.

I gotta thank the Whatabudro tech support line also. He even came on over to lend a hand.

For those contemplating these mods. They are not all that hard. Just take your time and read up before starting. I have just gone on one drive and I like the increased whistle.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Fire-
What is a "wicked wheel"? And as long as I'm asking questions what is a "Zoodad"?

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
The "wicked wheel" is a replacement turbo compressor wheel that is supposed to help eliminate "turbo surge" and as side benifit it whistles a little more.

The "zoodad" mod involves cutting the radiator core support in front of the air intake to allow fresh air in.

kevindrazen

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I too had a oil leak washed the engine after I washed it saw a puddle
of oil behind and below the fuel filter the only thing I thought of was the
HPOP. The truck started funny until I gassed it then it was fine. truck would'nt fire next morning. threw HPOP (750$$) in hard time starting finally started and ran like crap took to ford they steamed engine and put a exhaust backflow sensor in and washed it (450$$$) truck runs perfect except
2mpg less then I was getting before

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Mine got a new HPOP under warranty last year due to a leak, also got all 8 injector o-rings done. That is the only engine warranty work done since 22,000 mi (when I bought it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14