wierd problem

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i first noticed the problem down at tony's right before i loaded up and left. when at wot in 3rd or 4th gear it would cut out momentarily then go right back to pullin hard, it only happened a couple times down there and was not as noticeable. i just made a hard wot pass getting on the hwy (for testing purposes of course :roflmao ) and it cut out again but this time much worse than at tony's. So i backed out of it, coasted to 65 and rolled back into it and it did it again. It only seems to cut out at 2k rpms or higher and only when im hard in the throttle. It wont do it if i say hold it in drive and just ease the rpms up to 3k and it wont cut out if your driving normal with the cruise set only when in throttle hard. Also its not completely dying and coming back to life it just looses power, quits pulling hard (still running smooth), then bam it will take back off again. It will do this repeatedly if i keep my foot in it. I drove it about 25 miles, shut it off, went into store for about 10 min and while leaving i layed into it hard, much to my suprise it didnt do it that time. A few miles down the road i rolled into throttle again and sure enough it bogged down again. Im stumped, i checked all wires for fuel system ( power, gnd and also wires to oil p sensor) just incase is was only a wire jiggling loose. wiggled wiring harness on top of engine and also main connection over by driver side fender with no noticeable change in idle. Fuel pressure at idle is 62 psi, not sure what its doing at wot as i dont have gauge in cab. I tried 2 different settings on the chip and still did it. Also i changed fuel filters about 350- 400 miles ago. Keep in mind, it was not doing this friday night at the races. Any ideas?????

Luke

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah im running hybrids, im sure lack of oil isnt the problem unless the ipr is for some reason intermitantly dumping all the hpo.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Fuel pressure. Pump gettiing weaker as it warms up :dunno Do have a way to run a temp gauge setup outside the hood?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I second the fuel pressure.

With my experience of a plugged pre-pump filter(15+ in/hg on restriction gauge) it would fall off slightly when getting on the interstate. Fuel pressure was dropping below 40psi. I'd try to find out what it's doing at WOT and go from there.

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
dudes...

custom fuel system

doubt thats it....

on edit:

unless its doing its job, and has caught some trash and is restricted :)

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
rtxcoon said:
dudes...

custom fuel system

doubt thats it....

on edit:

unless its doing its job, and has caught some trash and is restricted :)

wanna wager:cool:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a hopeless case your truck is just cursed. Being the nice guy I am I will take it off your hands so you don't have to deal with this headache anymore. :D

Honestly, I have no clue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58