Question Will this suite

jeeps and fords

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've been told to get gauges for my 00 ford f250 7.3L before i put any performance mods on it but will the Juice with Attitude Monitor work just as good for this?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
technically yes it will get you the monitors you need Pyro, boost, & trans temp if automatic.

The downside is that the programming is not the greatest and is limited. How good of an option this is depends heavily upon where you want to go power wise with your truck. I have read countless threads where people have gone from Edge/Superchips/etc. to a chip from a custom programmer Tony Wildman/Dp Tuner/etc. and noted significant performance improvement, often better fuel economy, quieter running engine. The big names like Edge have long since stopped revising and tweaking their programs for the 7.3 the smaller dedicated tuners keep working on them and the difference is often very obvious from the seat of your pants.

Now for the dollar figures According to Edge MSRP is $989.10 for the Juice & Attitude
3 gauge ISSPRO setup from Diesel Manor $327.95
TS chip from Diesel Manor $389
A chip from Tony Wildman @ total diesel performance will be around $500 with 6 programs and the same ballpark from DP Tuner

The advantage to the later option is that 1. they are cheaper from the get go and 2. you have a better platform for upgrades as your chip can be reprogrammed for any upgrade or power modification you choose to do from injectors to twin turbos.

Finally intake & exhaust are also recommended before you consider a chip, you will have EGT issues with more power and the restrictive intake & exhaust on the truck. for you the greatest restriction the muffler, upgrading or bypassing the muffler will greatly help your EGTs

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 Brandon ;tu

And Gauges, verses a Monitor ? Just an opinion ? In the long run, for creature comfort while driving.. A set of individually dedicated gauges to monitor specific engine & drivetrain performance levels... are hard to beat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58