window tint

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after getting a real shabby job done by a place here close(if anybody is in my area and needs a tint job PM me for where to, not to go), I dont have much to do this weekend and need to remove the tint on my backglass. Anybody got any good secrets on how to get it off. Dont wanna make this along post so I'll just say me and the owner of this place had words and what I told him is nothing I would want my mother to here! Got some of my money back and took my truck elsewhere to get the two sideglasses of the ext cab done(place did a EXCELLENT job). So since I dont have much to do this weekend I'm gonna get the tint off the backglass so the other place can redo it.

Coastal6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I usually recommend to our customers to let the tinter remove the old film. Some cust. do not remove all the adhesive and my tinter charges the same price to remove all or some. Not questioning your abilities on being thorough, but make sure to get everything off if you still want to do it yourself. My guy always razors the glass(stainless blades only so the glass does not get scratched), then scrubs with a white 3M pad. But if a customer insists the glass is 100% and doesn't want to pay to have everything removed you generally will find some adhesive still on the glass which stays in the new tint job. To remove the tint yourself just start in a corner and keep pulling at a sharp angle. Try to get the tint off in one shot, so all you have left is to clean the glue off. Dilute a little baby shampoo in water(doesn't stain leather or cloth) in an old spray bottle to lube the glass and razor straight down in overlapping strokes. After that just follow up w/ the scrub pad. Spray the window again, then squegee off the glass. Check all corners for leftover glue. Sometimes the headache,time, and materials aren't worth the extra money. Good Luck!;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14