winshield gauge pod ?

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody used the 3 gauge winshield mount from AutoMeter? I bought a gauge package from ITP and everything is cool. I just can't figure out the placement of the pod. It shows to go over the rearview mirror, which is what I wanted, but it won't fit on my truck. Either I need to relocate the mirror from stock or this is not the original winshield / mirror mount.

Trying to see if anyone else has used this product and how they got it mounted.

fgtex

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I have the 2 pod windshield mount for my return fuel temps and water detection module for my pre-pump Racor filter.

I could only get it to go over the mirror by pushing really hard upwards and sliding it over. No way to do that with the velcro ready to be applied to the glass.:dunno Mirror removal was a no-go since the mirror slides on the mount from the top.-mad

I ended up installing it to the left of the mirror mount as close as possible without rubbing.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to remove the mirror and move the mount down, not hard... Heat the old one with a lighter and pry it off, watch it fly around the truck... Get the glue from Home Depot and reinstall it lower.

I got a new windshield a few weeks ago and it has the "superduty" across the top, didn't need to move that mount.

Did you get the LED's from Dennis? If not you will love them if you do!!!

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys.:thanks I got the DiPricol 35 psi Boost, Pyro and 270 degree sweep trans gauges with the black face and white numbers. Waiting in line to get the DP Tuner when Dennis gets 'em in.:D

RoosterDiesel,
I held the pod up next to the mirror as close as I could get it and then the visor would not come down, because it is a 3 pod I guess.

CSIPSD,
I guess I will be making a trip to an auto parts store or the orange box for windshield mount glue.

fgtex

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI for all you gauge whores like me... You should see a 6 gauge overhead soon!!!

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
Heat the old one with a lighter and pry it off, watch it fly around the truck...

You forgot to mention and I was not smart to realize that the metal button was going to be hot as haaaaaaaaaaah!!
My wife was waiting for the windshield to break from direct heating via two inch lighter flame. By the way, the button ended up behind the back seat.

Mirror relocation...Mission accomplished.

fgtex

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL yes it gets a little hot... Ya made me laugh there!!!

I have a quad a pillar in the shop waiting for Isspros new gauge line... then I will have 12, then add the 3 gauge under pod for all my air temps and I should be set... Wait... I need a No2 gauge... damn...LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58