Winter's Coming and

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Joe you just cost me $80. I went and purchased a block heater, oil pan heater, tranny heater and a three way plug for our 95' Explorer. The past few winters I have just used it for quick trips to town but I think I might drive it to work this winter so it needs to be plug-in ready. Until I read this post I have been trying to ignore the fact that we have had freezing temps for a few weeks now. Guess it is time to get out the winter fronts and coolant tester :(

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe you just cost me $80. I went and purchased a block heater, oil pan heater, tranny heater and a three way plug for our 95' Explorer. The past few winters I have just used it for quick trips to town but I think I might drive it to work this winter so it needs to be plug-in ready. Until I read this post I have been trying to ignore the fact that we have had freezing temps for a few weeks now. Guess it is time to get out the winter fronts and coolant tester :(

Sorry 'bout that :roflmao . But you bring up a good point: it's also time (for us Lower 48 folks) to check out our FOMOCO block heaters.. Cord, Plug, Extention cord and 20 amp Timer.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry 'bout that :roflmao . But you bring up a good point: it's also time (for us Lower 48 folks) to check out our FOMOCO block heaters.. Cord, Plug, Extention cord and 20 amp Timer.

Hey Big Joe;

Where are you in Central Ca.? It does not get below freezing here in Redding but about once or twice a year. You must be in the high country. We did order our truck with the block heater and cord, just in case we might sometime, somewhere need it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Big Joe;

Where are you in Central Ca.? It does not get below freezing here in Redding but about once or twice a year. You must be in the high country. We did order our truck with the block heater and cord, just in case we might sometime, somewhere need it.

We're down here in the Hanford/Lemoore area, Un-California we call it. Knowone knows where it is.. and we like that:cool: :):sweet . If you dropped outa the sky, you'd never know you were in (what most folks think is) Kualifonia.

It can, and useualy does, get in the 20s & low 30s here, and we have stints of the teens. Last year we had about a week of 16 to 20*, at night.

When I was still working I would set the timer to come on at 4AM, left at 6:30. Real nice Warm & Fuzzy to here the ol' boy fire right up on about 6 turns, no white smoke. It's there, why not use it is my think'n.

Now'a dayz I only plug it in when I think I need to. Still kinda Anal about Cold Soaking... from my Antartica days I guess. I use it alot on winter trips to the Mid-West & Back-East.

We like the Redding area. Often said that if we moved, but stayed in Caly, It would be the Redding, Shasta area. Nor-Cal.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're down here in the Hanford/Lemoore area, Un-California we call it. Knowone knows where it is.. and we like that:cool: :):sweet . If you dropped outa the sky, you'd never know you were in (what most folks think is) Kualifonia.

It can, and useualy does, get in the 20s & low 30s here, and we have stints of the teens. Last year we had about a week of 16 to 20*, at night.

When I was still working I would set the timer to come on at 4AM, left at 6:30. Real nice Warm & Fuzzy to here the ol' boy fire right up on about 6 turns, no white smoke. It's there, why not use it is my think'n.

Now'a dayz I only plug it in when I think I need to. Still kinda Anal about Cold Soaking... from my Antartica days I guess. I use it alot on winter trips to the Mid-West & Back-East.

We like the Redding area. Often said that if we moved, but stayed in Caly, It would be the Redding, Shasta area. Nor-Cal.

Wow..:eek: :eek: That's cold for the lower elevations in Ca.
Yes it is nice up here. Trees, lakes, rivers, and still a bit country.
You are right about Hanford,,, I have traveled up and down the state hundreds of times and some of them through Bakersfield and always cut across hwy 46 to get from I 5 to hwy 99 or from 99 to I5, so I have been missing your area. I have a brother in Phelan by Palmdale, who I see from time to time, but always try to stay clear of L.A. We also have friends near Victorville.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14