Wiper motor ?

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This ia kinda embarasing
I have had intermitant wiper motor issues. It started when I was fighiting an overcharging problem. the wipers would work on and off, ten when the overcharging was fixed I never saw any further problems out t it.

Recently the issue is back. Initally if I left the switch on and hit a bump it would go back to working for the rest of the day. But now nothing. I still need to check my fuses but I was wondering if it is more common for the motor to go out or the colum switch?

I will access the pump and check it with a volt meter,, just wondering what others have seen?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
This ia kinda embarasing
I have had intermitant wiper motor issues. It started when I was fighiting an overcharging problem. the wipers would work on and off, ten when the overcharging was fixed I never saw any further problems out t it.

Recently the issue is back. Initally if I left the switch on and hit a bump it would go back to working for the rest of the day. But now nothing. I still need to check my fuses but I was wondering if it is more common for the motor to go out or the colum switch?

I will access the pump and check it with a volt meter,, just wondering what others have seen?

well, the answer to your question is column switch.. it's actually pretty common..

BUT: I tell you this from experience.. change the wiper motor relay (in the underhood PDC) before you throw much else at it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, the answer to your question is column switch.. it's actually pretty common..

BUT: I tell you this from experience.. change the wiper motor relay (in the underhood PDC) before you throw much else at it.

X2

On my 2K... Same symptoms a coupla years ago.. giving the knob/switch a quik full twist, or three, seemed to help some.. then, R&R'd the relay.. No problems since.

Joe

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well looks like my relay was fine so I am down to the switch and motor. When I turn the switch on ad pop the relay in and out it clicks. So there is power to the relay from the switch so I am guessing it is the motor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14