Wipers grounding cps???

Lefty257

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? When I turn on the windshield wipers the truck a) at idle ...stalls b) at anything over 1000 rpm it gives the cps "hiccup". The farther up (low intermittant to high on) the faster it does it. Now for the fun part... It wont do it everytime. BUT it will only cause a problem if the wipers are on.
To really tell it, it started back in Jan. coming back from Houston pulling the RV, light mist. pulled into a rest stop and the truck stalled (wipers low int) Fired right back up and took off, hiccupped twice more and threw code PO344 cps intermittant. Got home and replaced the cps ( broke 10mm socket trying on the road..'nother story)
Drives great for a month then here we go again. To shorten it up I have traded in 4 different sensors (under warranty) before I realize that the connection is the wipers. I am leaning to the multi function sw. but could it be RF or ground at the wiper motor? We have been really busy at work and then our recent flood and I dont have a lot of time to chase problems. If anyone has fixed this prob. let me know. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
The wipers aren't driven right off the multifunction switch... all the switch does is give a signal to the GEM module to do something.

Personally, I think you're looking at it backwards. Instead of chasing a power fault, I think you'd be better off looking at grounds and working backwards.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to check the alternator out put, & the batteries.....

The CPS code is most likely from the PCM seeing an interupted signal from the CPS....

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had that problem before. If you turn on the wipers the truck dies. There is a couple of ground wires on the drivers fender close to the fire wall. Clean that ground up or move them to a clean spot on the fire wall. That should fix it.;)

Lefty257

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. To JLDickmon, you are correct as to looking for ground faults, I just didnt say what I meant correctly. As to the alt and batts, output 14.2 Batts are new Interstate mtp-65s. When I get a few minutes I will locate the spot Wingdog mentioned. I will update as I can.
Thanks again
Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14