wondering where to go from here

gohandragon65

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 f350 that i bought from my dad. The only thing that i have done to it is a cat delete pipe. I already know that I am going to get MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust. I'm just wondering where to go from there. I'm not looking for huge power, just a little more. Any info would greatly appreciated.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
gauges, intake and a programmer..
Maybe get the trans kitted.
I'd stop right there..

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
x2 with JL. If you do too much power on the 6.0s sometimes the head gaskets will blow/rip head studs out. Has the truck had the egr delete done to it? I'd do that to make it more reliable. Its a very known prob with the 6.0's. Get it more reliable and do those mods listed and you got yerself a hot rod that isnt modded like some out there. If you do the head stud kit, you will have an even more reliable and hotter truck that will be a real runner.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
First and foremost get some guages to keep an eye on things, then get an SCT with custom tunes, an EGR delete, and buy some headstuds, because it's not a matter of if, but when the Headgaskets will blow.

Depending on which tunes you get, that setup can net you up to 420 RWHP, and be a very fun daily driver, that can also tow anything you want, just put in a tow tune, or return it to stock tuning.

Good Luck!

gohandragon65

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What kind of guages would everyone suggest? And where could i look up more info on the sct? I also dont really understand the custom tunes. So if someone could explain a little more in depth or show me a website that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Id go with autometer. Shop around, everyone has different prices. I've heard good things with DP tuner. A chip is a totally customizable computer chip that goes in your trucks main brain box. You tell them what all your truck has done to it like exhaust, trans shift kit, intake, etc. You also tell them what you will be using your truck for like towing heavy loads, fuel efficency, or drag racing and they will custom tune the chip to your specifications. Alot of guys on here have them and I know they will give their two cents. I'd also do a full turbo back exhaust system. 4" pipe will be plenty. Lots of kits out there but get good stainless steel systems. Dont go cheap on ANYTHING you do on yer truck. It will bite you in the end if yer not careful.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
If your gonna chip it, Banks makes a nice system also. safe and no black smoke. or atleast not much. 1st-exhaust, 2nd-guages, 3rd-elbow, 4th-headstuds. prob look into the EGR delete too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58