Won't start- No "Wait To Start" light on

cstraight

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 F250SD 7.3L and it won't start. The engine spins but won't crank. I recently installed HyperTech programmer 3 days ago. The truck was running great and now on the 3rd day the truck won't start. Noticed that the "Wait to Start" light is not coming on when you turn on the ignition. Any ideas?
--
CJ

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Do any of the dash lights come on? If removing the programer doesn't work, check the PCM fuse under the hood.

Scott

cstraight

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
programmer wont return to stock setting

Scott ,
The hypertech programmer wont return to stock it has a code 60 and says to call hypertech so I did today all they could say is the program was interupted to retry 2 or 3 more times and if no success call them back.They also said that if It wont reprogram then i'll have to take it to ford and have them flash the ecm back to stock does this sound right?

thanks

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Sorry, don't know that one. I have never had a programmer, just a chip. Have you checked fuses? Have you retried the reset? If the fuses are good, pull all of the fuses associated with the PCM (power, keep alive, etc...) There are some under the dash and some under the hood and hopefully the PCM will shape up. These are all just stabs at it. But they won't cost you anything but a little time.

Scott

Scott

godofdew11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen on my 97, and my dads 99, check fuses, and your fuel heater, my guess is its broke and shorting out like they do. unplug the heater on the side of the fuel bowl, replace the fuse. a new fuel heaters is pretty expensive from ford if i remember something like 80 or 100 bucks. the fuel heater jsut so happens to be on the same fuse as the PCM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14