won't start

madmikey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got an 08 with the dash "padlock light" on and it won't start now ,seems like an anti-theft ......any cure for that???

madmikey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to say this happened after I tried to install a superchip programer

mick1955

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
madmikey A friend if mine had a problem when someone stole his Dashdaq and tried to rip out his cable, his truck wouldn't start. I know it's a different unit, and different circumstances, but he ended up getting a code scanner from AutoZone and cleared a DTC and his truck started right up. Might be worth a try?

jmorris3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem on my 450. Mine is totally stock though. The truck wouldn't start when it was very hot outside. Everything worked inside the truck, but when I turned the key I got nothing, not even a click. called the dealer four times about it and they told me to make sure I was using the correct key...
Most times when it would happen, I could just wait 10 minutes and then it would start, but one time I had to leave the truck at work one night and came back in the morning and it started. I drove it straight to the dealer and it popped a code. Turns out the unit that receives the signal from the key was bad. No problems since.

laketime

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my truck. The guys at Spartan sent me a recovery file and it worked out great. I hope that your guys can give you a hand, if not you will have to tow it to a dealer to reflash.

SiFlyBy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It seem the PATS system is having fun with aftermarket programmers. Is the theft light flashing when you turn the key on?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64