Won't stay running (6.0 F350 that is hauling a car for me)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Got a carrier that is somewhere around the TN/MS line close to Memphis that is hauling a car for me.

They think they got some water in the fuel. Truck just died going down the road she told me.

I told her about draining the water off on the filter on the frame rail. She told me they took the filter cap off on the engine and said it looked like they were getting fuel.

They used some starter fluid to get it going, but if you ever let off the go go pedal or have to stop, it dies again.

Any thoughts out there?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Fuel filters. Especially the one on the frame which is part of the HFCM (water separator).

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the long delay in responding. I just re-read your first post. You say that fuel is getting to the top filter? Did they SEE the fuel flow into the top filter? Have them try turning ON the key for a second while someone watches the filter can (top off) to see if it is flowing. Good Luck!

Dave

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Well, they got someone to look at it or got it somewhere to be looked at, pretty sure the fuel pump is bad. Not sure yet.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I am not sure of their exact location. They rented a truck from U Haul to use to finish the delivery. The vehicle they were hauling for me went to Landers Ford in Collierville, TN. They are on their way now to delivery it.

I will shoot you a message with their phone number Charles. Give them a call if you like and tell them that Stephen from Bama Auto Movers gave you their number.

I told the lady I would post their problems on this site, so she should remember that if you mention it to her.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am glad you got the situation under control so quickly, Bama! The fuel pump was my guess, but you beat me to it!

Dave :D

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Bama rules..
he knows who his friends are, even if he drives a C.. Ch... Chevy...

(Dude.. you need to pick up an OBS F250)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64