WOOOOHOOOO!!!! So far, NO more leaks.

Cherokee

TONKA'S YOUNG! Grandma!
Reaction score
We finally got the turbo off yesterday and today gutted the EBPV thingy and pluged the hole. The only thing we could find to plug the hole is an oil plug. Hubby went to every store he could think of, but the only thing he could find was that, so that had to do. I hope it holds....

He got it all put back together and changed the oil. Well there wasnt much oil in there when that thing was blowing it out....I think he only got 2 quarts out of it when he drained it.

Any case, I took it for a test run, and MAN OH MAN, does that turbo sound sweet now! And I can not believe how much more power it has with the proper o-rings on and that thing gutted.

Hubby is gonna drive it about 20 miles tonight and see if everything is still NOT leaking.

If I didnt have the flu right now, I would be doing the happy dance!

You guys have been a great help. :thanks

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :D :D :D

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That definately sounds like some good news

Hope you get to feeling better so you can enjoy your truck.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I always liked a happy ending. Wait a minute this is just the beginning, time to start adding the horsepower mods :)

Cherokee

TONKA'S YOUNG! Grandma!
Reaction score
Gonna give her a much needed bath and wax. As soon as I do I will take some more pics and post them. But must wait for this flu to evacuate my body in order to do so.

Do have a question though.....the guy I purchased the truck from finally called me. He is now admitting to changing the injectors and says that the reason he changed them is that I could not have Stage 1's and pull a horse trailer with it. Is this true?
Not only do I pull the 3horse trailer with it but I also pull the 18' flat bed with the skid steer and all the attachments.
Will stage 1's not allow me to do that?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yes, you can pull your trailer(s) with Stage I injectors. Matter 'o fact, you can pull your trailers better with Stg I squirters. However, if your PCM is chipped you will want to keep a close eye on your EGT's. Keep them below 1300°F and your truck will love you for a long time. I could not believe the difference between stock injectors and Stg I injectors when it came to towing. My old 95 turned into an animal towing my 26' TT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58