Worst mileage ever!!

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a trip this weekend to Temple, TX. Little over 350 miles one way. 13.6 MPG. I couldnt believe it. I knew it would be bad because I was fighting a 30+mph headwind the whole way, but I didnt think it would be that horrible. We headed home Saturday afternoon, and sure enough, a 30+mph headwind the whole way back. The strangest part was seeing the fuel gauge come down from full after only 40 miles. Usually, it takes 120-130.

I have to admit, this was the only time I have been pissed at my truck for acting like a big, stupid brick!!

P.S. The wind died down in Abilene, I reset my overhead, drove 65 mph and got 22.6 MPG. :thumbs

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I get 13 in town all the time during the winter with lots of idle time. Never has came up to 22.6 even in the summer going down hill with a tailwind though.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Our mileage doesn't do very good either going west on 20/10 from Dallas to Phoenix when the headwinds are high but we make up for it with the tailwinds on the way back:sweet

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i typically get around 11.5 mpg around town, have seen 18 mpg on the highway with no trailer, wish i could get a little better roung town, but seems like everybodys somewhere around there?:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58