WOW... DP Tuner!

SMOKNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new computer and chip came today for my truck. I only got the stock, 40Hp Tow and 80 econo program. All I can say is WOW! The 80 Hp program is awesome. Part throttle power just driving around normally is worth every $!! The truck is/was lazy off the line with the stock program, and that is gone! I haven't really gotten on it yet for extended periods of time, because I haven't installed my gauges yet, they will be in tomorrow. If anyone was contemplating this, I would reccomend getting it. All I have is 5" exhaust and now the chip and CCV mod. Money well spent :D

Bill

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I hear ya!!:sweet :thumbs
Wait 'til you get that first mpg check on the highway with the econo tune. You'll be in for another pleasant surprise.

In the next month or two, I'm planning on getting my PCM re-tuned by Jody with the 80 Econotune version for single shot injectors, and also get some single shots from Beans. Jody tells me he can get more power and better mpg from single shots.:D :burnit

SMOKNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would take alot of #2 to justify fuel economy difference from $1200 injectors. That being said, I would love to have some Beans stage 1 or 2 injectors, and big oil!

I need to get a cap on my truck to see better fuel economy, but I may pick up a few MPG I hope!

Last edited:

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
with current gas prices, a few mpg saved will = alotta $

Maybe not 1200 bucks anytime soon but still lol...

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
SMOKNZ said:
It would take alot of #2 to justify fuel economy difference from $1200 injectors.

I now have 270,000 miles on the factory injectors and need to replace them anyhow.

What it boils down to is this: get 8 new stock injectors for what? $2,000 or so.

Or get some stage 1 single shots from Beans along with a reflashed PCM from Jody that'll put out more power (with better mpg) than new split shots all for a ballpark figure of $1500. For me it's a no brainer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58