Wow

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
I smoothtalked a shop owner into removing the cat and muffler on my o3. Under WOT it now sounds like a 500BB gasser. :D Not overly loud, but deep.

I did notice about 50-75 degree decrease in my EGT's on the highway at 75-80. Right now at those speeds, it sits right around 800 (average).

I feared an increase in turbo lag (as referenced from apost in another forum that said if you remove the cat the turbo spools up slower - which didn't make any sense). Either way, spool-up time has decreased. Oh, and that neat sound when the turbo spools up, right about 5-7PSI? I got a couple of looks from some dodge and FORD diesel owners. You know the look.. "WTF?".

I kept the OEM 3.5' ehaust, and replaced the cat and muffler with 4" (They had 3" and 4", no 3.5 inch. This makes me want to get a 4" mbrp even more now. :D

Edited because I can't seem to type to save my life this fine morning.

Last edited:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be pretty close behind you... strait 4 inch from the turbo out just before the passenger rear wheel, kinda like a UPS truck... except I ain't brown, or hauling random stuff...

Fine69

Reaction score
I just reiceved my MBRP cat delete pipe from Diesel manor. After reading your post I can't wait to hear my truck!:D

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's what you'd expect... I ran mine for a day of so just with the pipe dissconnected where the cat used to be. At an idle it sounds like you have a tire leak with a rumble. One of my trucking guys likens it to a vaccum sweaper as some of the over the road trucks have that too.

What should be interesting is the new twin turbo trucks... that ought to sound like a train wreck in a pipe!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64