Wrench Light came on

MB Dave

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So a wrench light came on, the car drives like poop! The symptoms: no power, sounds real rough, rough idle, when you rev it at w.o.t it stops at 2100rpm and sounds like it hitting a a rev limiter. After a second of so it revs to redline with a cloud of white smoke.

Could be something simple like fuel filters?

Can anyone recommend a mechanic/ or a shop in the Chicago-land area

ducky1402

Reaction score
has it completly regened lately? sounds like reduced power mode from regen issues maybe.........

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 05 has this problem when pulling, if you stop and turn off the engine and wait for a minute it resets itself and is fine. This usually happens once in a long trip usually when the boost is up high, I learned to just pull over and live with it. The fuel system is going into emergency mode according to my owners manual

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We have an 08 that has the same problem we were told by ford dealer that the fuel filter is pluged. We changed both bleed the system and we still have the same problem. When we pull the trailer hard up hill it will drop the power you stop shut it down to reset and away you go agine we are currently working on this ourself soon as we find the problem i will post it. mean time let me know if any of you have the same problem :dunno

LEEthal75

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Same issue here. At least once or twice a trip when I'm pulling my 31' boat, I have to pull to the shoulder of the road due to this very issue. VERY UNSAFE!

I'm considering EGR delete since several of my buddy's have same vehicle, have done the delete and have no problems.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting this just started happening on my '05 wrench light comes on truck enters limp mode pull dtc's from tuner and get nothing. Pull over shut truck off restart and continue on my way. Only happens when pulling the 5th wheel which is usually around 14k.

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wrench light

Yes i pull a training trailer with not a lot of weight but about 3k LBS this is jsut driving the truck i let off to slow down to go around a corner and soon as i mash the peddle after the corner it drops of and goes into limp mode. and yes the only way to fix it is pull over turn it off and then start over i have also done that while pulling and then continue up the hill and it does the same thing imediatly. some times it has to be shut down for a few to reset it seems.

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wrench light

We put a regen delet pipe and tune on it so at 2 am when im headed back from call for the fire department i dont have to drive the dam thing all night to reset it. the good thing the power is great and at least one to two miles per gallon better milage with the kit delet. Im sure if you were traveling down the road it would make even better milage.
Oh ya we have about 50K on it and it get oil changes by the hour because of the extream amount of idleing it gets on scene.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64