Wrench symbol, check engine light

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got no dpf/cat i picked up a ppe plug in play programmer had issues with it with when ford was doin the reflash had to send it in to be updated got it back and i guess theres suppose to be a tranny re learn well yea it was re learning for 1000 miles started acting up yesterday not shifting right when in reverse truck was jerkin back and forth in drive got up to 3rd and when it went to shift into 4th it would go into neutral it seemed then slam into 4th i try to return it to stock and it like didnt go back to stock still shifting hard and missing then the check engine light came on then the wrench symbol then it shifts good but wont get out of 3rd does anyone know what i can do

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha my bad whatever i got the truck warrantied i blew out all the clutch plates due to ppe not having their peformance tune correctly programmed i have heard their transmission tuning isn't that great i talked to an engineer and he's lookin into ha i doubt it . they only do good with chevys

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it fixed now? did ford send out an engineer and if so did they detect a chip??

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its fixed now runs great i put the programmer back on just 65hp with the dpf-r cat/dpf delete cuz the performance tune is what the trouble was it didnt have right transmisson tuning but anyways i took it to ford my service manager is this chicks which is pretty cool i come in tell her hey i havent done any superduty work with my superduty you guys replaced my steering box , replaced my radiator, did the pcm ventricle bs for cooling and reflash the dpf what is this i cant enjoy my truck for two months before it goes bad again i was comin back from houston Tx, "cough cough" tho i actually have family there and it started shifting all weird etc. and im just not happy and in a heart beat she said ok sweetie im so sorry we will have it checked out and back to asap im like asap so like 1 week she said maybe so i got it back three days later . i learned if you take the battery terminals off for more than 5 mins it will erase your tune on there even though i reset it back to stock with the tuner before removing the battery terminals but when you do this though these trannys on our 6.4L have to go through a re-learn process but i didnt have to do that the dealer did it for me haha when i picked up the truck one or two of the mechanics were givin me the stink eye haha they probbaly knew i was up to no good .

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, its good to have a place to service the truck that wont give you a stink about it. one dealer tried giving me crap about 2.5" leveling springs, needless to say i will never go there again!!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64