WVO along the way

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm heading from Ft. Sill OK to Ft. Jackson SC and was wondering if anyone knew of any places to pick up filtered WVO along the way or if anyone on here has an extra supply that would be willing to sell. As long as you are not to far off the freeway.

I'll be spending a lot of time on the 40 and 20 E. I have a 50 Gal tank so the more the merrier. I would just rather prefer to run on that than the dino.

Thank you

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I don't make large batches but I'd kick you some fuel for the run if Dallas wasn't so far off the beaten path.Have a safe trip:sweet

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you,

There are not many places on that site (interesting to find that there was one actually about 10 miles from my house in Portland though). But I did find one place that has some. I'll have to give them a call and see what they can do. They say 20 Gallons available but that is better than none.

I have seen a site out there like this in the past a long time ago that I put myself on but I never recieved any calls and I don't think it ever got updated. It is a bummer something like the site for bio-diesel locations hasn't grown or at least established itself like that. I guess it is becuase there just isn't all that many people that run SVO/WVO

But again thank you

shannoncaldwell

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Addicted,

Here is a link to a product that may interest you. It is set up to filter WVO from the waste container at the restaurant, so you can put it right into your fuel tank in your vehicle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-G...ategoryZ6755QQihZ014QQitemZ330018693224QQrdZ1

I met with these boys down in Corpus Christi a while back and they seem to have a handle on the traveling on WVO thing. They have a bus/RV that they travel in and use this product that they sell.

When I asked them about getting oil on the road, they said that they have had the best luck with chinese restaurants/buffets and that going to the back door (rather than going in the front door and asking the owner/manager) and knocking and asking the cook/kitchen help if you can have some of their oil. They have traveled across country doing this.

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bummer

The computers here block the e-bay page so I'll have to take a look at it later. I've seen something like you mention before but it was very expensive and I just have to think it would clog up quite a bit and fairly quickly.

I hear a lot of people mention asian and buffets, but I've found (at least in oregon when I was there) that most of them contained about 25-50% lard or at least partially hydrogented. I've always had the best luck with bars, but they cook a considerable amount less and the PSD can suck some gallons down pretty quick.

But I will check it out this evening or tomorrow if I get some time. I can't wait to get back into my own place and get my WVO/Filtration set back up. This whole Diesel thing is fun for power and blowing smoke but travling down the road and having to fill up every 700 miles and actually pay for it stinks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58