X code springs

mygsris2slo4u

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just as the title indicates I was thinking about using the x code springs to level out the front of my early 99 250. From my understanding I will need new(longer u bolts) and nuts.

I tried searching around to see if ford used different trac bar brackets for the standard front and the plow package front. I can't seem to find anything. To me this indicates that I will not need a drop bracket. Is my logic flawed?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Longer U bolts can be gotten from Ford at the same time as the springs. I don't know about the plow setup, but I am running the stock track bar with X code springs. I am not sure why you would want a dropped bracket. It is not steering and that is really where you would want a dropped arm. You will not need one with this lift. Bigger lifts, say 6", would require a dropped steering arm.

Dave

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
You always want to keep the track bar and the steering parallel, otherwise, you end up with bad bumpsteer and wander. If you drop the steering arm, always drop the trackbar as well, but you shouldn't need to with minimal lift like daveben said above

mygsris2slo4u

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. I haven't done any calculations yet, but considering the long length and horizontal angle of the track bar a 2" lift is not going to pull the axle very far from center. The reason I asked is because most of the aftermarket leveling kits that I have seen come with a drop bracket for the track bar, as well as, a drop pitman arm.

Does anyone know the ford part numbers for the springs, u-bolts, and nuts?

Thank you

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the part #'s and prices I got a few years back.

(2) 2C3Z-5310-AF Springs -- $154.32 ea

(4) F81Z-5705-ZA U-Bolts -- $15.88 ea

(8) N805480-S426 Nut -- $1.86 ea

Barrett

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58