X is bogging down?!?

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, I need to tap into the knowledge base! Here is the deal:

Our 2005 excursion seems like it is bogging down or hitting a dead spot in the power band. When it does this, a wierd reverberation occurs in the exhaust. It occurs between 45-55 mph. If you really step on it, it will downshift, but this occurs before it wants to downshift.

Any ideas?:confused:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Have you received any notices in the mail for you to bring your 6.0L into the dealer for any updated flashes?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how 'bout some info about your truck...exhaust ? tuner ? any codes ?

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We haven't received any notices about flashes lately. I think the last flash was for 5E15 (going from memory and can't remember the code)

It happens any time we are going up hill and the truck slows. Almost like O/D is too tall to pull the hill?!

Info on the Excursion....100% stock, 2005, 4wd, 6.0L PSD.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Back Pressure sensor. It will give a false reading to the PCM (Program Control Manager) and cause some strange things to happen, such as surging. There is a tube leading from the Exhaust manifold to the sensor that becomes clogged and needs to be cleaned.

Dave

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Back Pressure sensor. It will give a false reading to the PCM (Program Control Manager) and cause some strange things to happen, such as surging. There is a tube leading from the Exhaust manifold to the sensor that becomes clogged and needs to be cleaned.

Dave

Ah, okay, thank you! I will do a search here, and see what info I can find on that.

If any other ideas come to mind...let me know!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64