powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Well I must admit i thought i would never like the idea
but
in the rental car this weekend we had the xm satelite . O WOW
we listened to booker T and the MG's anthology :thumbs
the laugh channel and the 60 70 and 80
so what do i need to do to get the xm commander to work with my factory radio 6 cd with aux input.....
is there a way to inergrate it all inot my radio display or do i need to still get a separate display

i was impressed with the selections and choices

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
Well I must admit i thought i would never like the idea
but
in the rental car this weekend we had the xm satelite . O WOW
we listened to booker T and the MG's anthology :thumbs
the laugh channel and the 60 70 and 80
so what do i need to do to get the xm commander to work with my factory radio 6 cd with aux input.....
is there a way to inergrate it all inot my radio display or do i need to still get a separate display

i was impressed with the selections and choices

I REALLY like mine. I started with a "Roady". Then up-graded to a Pioneer 3600 with the " XM, Black Box", hidden under the Dash. Took the Roady and installed it the Fifth Wheel.

Once you make the move, you'l never go back. NO COMMERCAILS !! Nice when traveling.

Don't know about intergrateing with the OEM.... but I'v seen Posts on doing it, so I think it's Do-able.

JMO, but I think (English speaking) AM/FM radio is a Dying Breed. Cleaning the truck up yesterday... hit the Scan (?), only 4 or 5 english stations left, here in CenCal (Fresno area), on the Whole FM Band. NONE of'm were my kinda music, Thats Fer Shurrr. :cussing: :cussing:

JOE

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
big joe
our fiver is prewired and has a dock on the radio for a xm sat receiver
so i could shuttle it back and forth to the truck

got to do some research today

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
once you, you don;t go back

PB:

go for it! you won;t be disappointed.

i am a sirius guy, but its all good.

have a look at these 2 websites for ideas and info. poke around. there are lots of people there who have already done it.

www.xmfan.com

www.siriusbackstage.com

i like the PNP radios. i have an antenna on each vehicle, and a cradle at home. i listen to it constantly.

dennis

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
big joe
our fiver is prewired and has a dock on the radio for a xm sat receiver
so i could shuttle it back and forth to the truck

got to do some research today

There ya Go..... Thats what I was do'n. I took the easy way out... Had Circuit City do the install, in my truck... But I watched, so there was'nt any Hookie stuff. Gota say, they did a nice, clean job tho.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I got my wife Sirius for Christmas with no inclination of getting it for myself whatsoever. I now I trying to figure out which radio to get for my truck. I think I'm going to go with the S50.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
dpantazis said:
PB:

go for it! you won;t be disappointed.

i am a sirius guy, but its all good.

have a look at these 2 websites for ideas and info. poke around. there are lots of people there who have already done it.

www.xmfan.com

www.siriusbackstage.com

i like the PNP radios. i have an antenna on each vehicle, and a cradle at home. i listen to it constantly.

dennis

Thanks Dennis
now i got tow more websites to read.;)
doesnt sirius run off the same music dish network runs??? I have dish wonder if i can get a price break???

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
Thanks Dennis
now i got tow more websites to read.;)
doesnt sirius run off the same music dish network runs??? I have dish wonder if i can get a price break???

I'v got Sirius on the Dish 500, I called Sirius looking for a "Deal"... No "DEAL", the Sirius on DISH, is seperate from the Mobile set up. At least thats what they Told me. Maybe things have changed from a year ago.

We listen to Serius alot, in the house, and XM ALL the time on the road. I can't tell much difference between the two. I like XM's Old Country (chnl 13), but Sirius's Old Standards (chnl 73). But it's not enough to say, One is any better than the other:dunno JMO

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
pretty much figures with dish
remember whne they first started???? way back
well we were one of the first of the first customers.

that made teh sirius decision easier i like the xm sat receivers and i think i have found thanks to yall the adapter to let me use my aux input
going to stop at aretailer on teh way home this week
this spending money stuff needs to stop
:roflmao

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been listening to XM for about 5 years now. I have it in my truck and in my home stereo. I get Sirrus in my Dish Network. I agree they are pretty much ths same. Get which one makes your skirt blow up.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64