Yeah, exhaust brakes are GREAT!!!

johnrrogers

Old Racer
Reaction score
I bought one of the Dfuser switch hookups to use the existing EBPV as an exhaust brake and it's switch to lock the trans a couple of weeks ago. The service from Garret was fantastic when I made the order. It was easy to install, except fot that stupid wire on the harness under the master cylinder, but I got it. I tested it last night on the trip to Phoenix for a vintage race so the toy hauler was full of race car, etc. In the auto mode when you tap the brakes it slowed the car really well and very little actual brakes were needed coming down the mtns into the desert. I think this is a pretty darn good alternative to spending lots more $$$$$ on an aftermarket brake.

f_250pstroke02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you order it from Black Cloud Diesel?

How long/hard was the install? I am by no means an electrician.

I have been looking into doing this and have been wondering about the performance. I tow 10,000 lbs or less and do not really see the need to spend the money on a full on exhaust brake.

Thanks for the input.

johnrrogers

Old Racer
Reaction score
I bought the kit and the extra pigtail from Garret at Pure Diesel Power. The harest part is getting to the wire that is under the brake master cylinder and getting the splice connector snapped onto the wire. All the others are a piece of cake especially with the extra pigtail. The pigtail costs like $50 or something but makes getting the two connectors under the turbo pedestal much easier to hookup.

I mounted the switches to the left of the steering column in the plastic area just above the fuse panel opening. Mount them with the lettering so you can read it (switches are not marked top/bottom) and when the switches are up they work off the brake pedal. When they are down the trans is locked and the brake is full on and in the middle the system acts normal with no exhaust brake.

It was a great addition, nearly as good as my air horns!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58