you only get 1 guess

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
hey guys-
i thought i would post a shot of my underliner (not underwear). has anyone seen there coolant puking this bad?:eek:
the other shot is of the driveway, this also has to be coolant spillage - yes??
that is the first time i have ever noticed anything on the ground. the rusted line is where i dropped the plow, just as a reference as to where gravity dropped the leak. question, would it be that bad as to stain the ground but i see no major stain on the engine area.:dunno

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The white-ish stain looks like the radiator cap mighta burped and possibly salt spray on the hood liner,I'd wanna to check it out in person to be sure.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
honestly, you are one of a small majority who thinks the underliner is salt. rest thinks it is the throwup....:dunno

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Is the white residue anywhere else under the hood adjacent to the fender liners?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yes,it is on drivers side behind battery on all the grouping of wire assemblies -
does that make sense? i have only noticed it there. i have washed off the engine 2-3 times in its lifetime, so i honestly never paid any attention to the fact it could have been all over the cap/tank. today however i did take the cap off and in the little area around the threads it is all caked with dried up crap, (evidence of puking) the coolant also has crap floating in it and settled on the bottom of the bottle...:dunno

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
question, would it be that bad as to stain the ground but i see no major stain on the engine area.:dunno

Concrete is porous an engine is not. Are you sure the white crystalline residue is coolant? Battery acid dries into a white crystalline residue too. Mix baking soda in water until it precipitates out. Try cleaning with it.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
that is asphalt. the big white stain sticks out pretty bad. it is not batt. acid. that area of the engine is clean

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the under side of my hood looks like that to. and my rad. cap has some white residue on it to. i've got a 7.3 and has NEVER puked anything other than fuel (my fault). whats your coolant level like?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
don't understand, what do you mean what is it like? i can tell you i have not once put anymore into it, today when i popped the cap it had crap floating in it. i was pointed nose downhill so i can't tell you what the actual level was. it also looked like the sacred water bottle tossed on the side of the road that looks like it has mountain dew in it, but it is not mountain dew...:D

5vertugger

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had a cracked rad with 100 miles on my truck and the spray looked white like salt spray.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64