Zach

wheeling30

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an early 99 F250 that has bafulled two different mechanic shops now. My truck's throdle peddle is unresponsive for the first 2 inches you push is, then it takes off like your slamming on the gas and runs fine once you are going. At idle, it is really rough and loapy. This happened to me once 2 months ago. After the first mechanic gave up I replaced the batteries and the problem seemed to disappear. Two months later is came back with avengens and now the truck will barely run at all. It keeps dying out at idle. The second mechanic is now bafulled. The truck is not throwing any codes what so ever.

If anyone has any info for me I would really appreciate it!
Thanks,
Zach

dachshund

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
With Autoenginuity you can see throttle pedal position. If it were bad I'm sure it would show up. I know that doesn't help if you don't have one but maybe another tool can see that also.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With Autoenginuity you can see throttle pedal position. If it were bad I'm sure it would show up. I know that doesn't help if you don't have one but maybe another tool can see that also.

Could the MODIS see it too. Thats what all the shops around here use...

wheeling30

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
F250 Update

The shop is telling me that the pedal is working properly. They also just found that a fuel pressure sensor and an exhaust pressure sensor was bad. That seemed to correct the idle problem but the pedal is still not working properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg