zoodad mod ?

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i've got a 2005 f250 6.0 6spd. and the other day when i was cleaning the air filter i thought about doing the zoodad mod that i keep seeing because of the plate right in front of the intake on My AFE St. I but then i was thinking that i would wind up sucking a lot of crap like bugs and such if i did this just wondering if the guys that have done this have this problem or suggestions on if i should do it.... thanks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
no problems here. you could put a piece of aluminum screen (like on a screen door) to cover over the hole, just to keep the bugs out. :thumbs

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ITALY ! how cool is that...i own a moto guzzi !

ok sorry back on topic...
ive run my zoodad for a couple of years and close to 50k miles...rain/sleet/snow its all good ! i just changed my air filter (for
the hell of it) and i had no bugs (that i could see)...had plenty o
sand in it though.

as stephen say....and/or you can try my 10 buck grill mod...keeps
rocks etc outta the coolers ! i dont have a SINGLE smashed fin on any
of my coolers...50k miles...no damage

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
hey guys if i put a piece of screen in front of mine will it keep the rain and bugs out of the intake and engine?....i've the hole covered with a large screen that is wire and has about half inch sqares.....but i think im going to put a piece of window screen in front of it....(if you guys think that will work.)

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I would run without a screen. You have an air filter, don't you?

Dave

yeah i do...i just don't want any water to get into the turbo or engine...i think im alright with what i have but a screen should work a little better....so far it has been fine.....the truck seems to be a little more responsive when i push the go pedal....i like that:thumbs

atk

Reaction score
going to try and get mine done this weekend....need to do fuel filters and an oil change too....atleast the zoo dad mod is free...:thumbs ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58