Fuel Leak

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
So I've had a fuel leak for about 4 months now... and I've found where its at. But I don't know how easy/hard it is to fix. My leak is on the fuel line coming out of the bottom of the fuel bowl. As my truck idles it just drips from the metal line coming out from below the fuel bowl drain switch.

Any thoughts to what might have caused this leak and how to fix it?

Travis

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've had a fuel leak for about 4 months now... and I've found where its at. But I don't know how easy/hard it is to fix. My leak is on the fuel line coming out of the bottom of the fuel bowl. As my truck idles it just drips from the metal line coming out from below the fuel bowl drain switch.

Any thoughts to what might have caused this leak and how to fix it?

Travis

Sure it's not the Fuel Drain Valve O rings ?

On a 10 year old PSD, It's Very likely they have dried up to where they seep, under pressure.

A 45 minute fix with a rebuild kit from Ford/IH, or you can chase the O rings yerself, cheaper.

Joe

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Sure it's not the Fuel Drain Valve O rings ?

On a 10 year old PSD, It's Very likely they have dried up to where they seep, under pressure.

A 45 minute fix with a rebuild kit from Ford/IH, or you can chase the O rings yerself, cheaper.

Joe

yup, what he said.

rocketdog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sure it's not the fuel drain valve o rings ?

On a 10 year old psd, it's very likely they have dried up to where they seep, under pressure.

A 45 minute fix with a rebuild kit from ford/ih, or you can chase the o rings yerself, cheaper.

Joe

x3

I just did this fix about 2 months ago...

Last edited:

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Can any of you explain how to do such a thing to someone with no experience at all? It would help me out a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Travis

rocketdog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can any of you explain how to do such a thing to someone with no experience at all? It would help me out a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Travis

Check out these links. This is what I followed to do mine and I didn't have any experience either.

http://www.dieselorings.com/docs/FuelDrain.pdf

Separator Valve Rebuild

Fuel Filter/seperator drain o-ring replacement...my first write up - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Filter drain o-ring leak or something else? - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Last edited:

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score

Thanks for the great info. :hail
I ordered the Military spec O-rings just for the hell of it. Hope they last a long time.

Travis

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14