Is anybody here?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pig! I am looking to make Kamloop tonight and Lake Louise tomorrow or the nest day. They we are going to play it by ear as to where and how long we go.

Dave

We Really liked that "Play it by ear" ability, when we where on our 6 month RV trip in 08. ;tu ;tu

The PLAN was: There Was No Plan. 250 miles of travel.. or 2-3 o'clock in the afternoon was It for each day.. Stopped many times for the night.. ended up staying for a Week or so.. if we liked the area.. for things to see & do.:sweet

ENJOY Dave !!!!!

Joe

Stayed off the Interstates as much as possible too. Much More Relaxed.. at the end of the day.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I did make Kamloops, Ca today. We did stop along the way and we still got here about 4:00pm. Will head to Lake Louise tomorrow. May stop there or maybe Banff. The drive from Washington border, crossing at Abbotsford, to Kamloops is so GREEN and lush. Even the grass along the freeway is green. I already can feel the mold growing on my toes! :D We are now in a high desert with not as much greenery, but it is very nice. I have always loved the people here in Canada. I almost married a woman from Toronto, thirty years ago.

Dave ;tu

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Today we ended up in Revelstoke, about two and a half hours from Kamloops. It was such a nice day we decided to stop here for the night. We are staying at the Revelstoke Mountain Resort for the next two nights. I need a day off from driving. Driving up here has been wonderful. Every one goes the same speed limits, trucks and all. The Trans Canada Highway is nicely maintained. The roadways are smooth and not too much construction. Weather has been great! 75 degrees during the afternoon hours and cool, around 50 degrees at night. Gasoline here is expensive. I see gas for $1.389 per litre and that converts to $5.13 per US gallon. Food is more than the US. The people are wonderful and most helpful.

Dave

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Your right about the highways up there. That highway through the national forest was as nice as I have ever seen with very little traffic on it.

Animal over pass crossings on the highway.

Trans-Canada-wildlife_overpass.JPG

If you have never been in the area here are a few places I would recommend. If you have disregard.

Jasper Lodge in Jasper is very nice.....I would recommend it. The individual cabins are great!

10344288_4444201558496_1227801030987592275_o.jpg

10265571_4445738956930_4486971111000381396_o.jpg

10275419_4445810478718_6633355120529338739_o.jpg

Columbia Ice Cap/Glacier Tour

10457651_4444192878279_6923559828160749097_o.jpg

Fairmont Banff Springs

10258659_4444662650023_1439035388641437012_o.jpg

Banff Mountain Gondola, Great gondola ride and views from the top of the mountain.

1Picture25 114.jpg

Fairmont Chateau, Lake Louise

1Picture25 023.jpg

Lake Louise

1Picture25 001.jpg

All kinds of wildlife

1Picture25 147.jpg
1Picture25 154a.jpg
1Picture26 065.jpg
Picture25 040a.jpg

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tbar. I always take recommendations from those who have been where we are going. We are in Revelstoke tonight and tomorrow. We are staying at Revelstoke Mountain Hotel. This is a big place and very nice. Great food; I love the Salmon!! Heading toward Lake Louise and Banff on Wednesday. The people are so friendly here in Canada. I have noticed one thing they have that we don't. They have a credit card machine that they bring to your table and then they run your credit card at the table. They are not allowed, by some sort of law, to take your credit card from the table. This is an old process that has been going on now for ten years. Why don't we, in the US, do this?? Do you know what happens to your credit card when the watress takes your credit card??

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
We did see those animal crossing bridges along the Trans Canadian Highway. Unfortunately two bear cubs were killed on the highway between these bridges. We did see Lake Louise and Banff. Very nice places and it takes a lot of $$$ to stay in these places. We went on to Canmore and stayed there. Nice town with really great food. Yesterday (Friday) we drove to Calgary. This is a big city with over a million people, covering a very large area. Reminds me of the Los Angles area. We are staying along the river front in Downtown. Headed to Calgary.jpg

As you can see, we have entered the plains.

Dave (spelled correctly) :D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(They have a credit card machine that they bring to your table and then they run your credit card at the table.)

Sorry you poor people in CA are so far behind times, we have had that machine here in Arkansas for a few years now. Not everyplace here use them, but a few.
Glad your having a good time Dave.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doug. The credit card machines just make sense. Everyone, here in Canada, uses them and have been for about ten years. Another thing that has me wondering; the use of 'chipped' credit cards. Again in use here in Canada, but not widely used in the USA. Gas pumps use them and that precludes me form getting gas without going inside the station and giving my card to the attendant to process. We have loved our trip here in Canada and it is time to head back to the USA. Montana is our next stop.

Dave :coffee

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
We made it to Helena. Mt the day we left Calgary. A bunch of driving in some not-so-good-looking country. It is desolate in upper Montana. The next day we headed to Yellowstone Park. We drove around the park for a couple of hours. We did not get to go to Old Faithful Geyser; the road to it was closed for repaving. We left Yellowstone and drove to Idaho Falls, Id. Spent the night there and left for Reno, Nv. We left Reno today and got home about 3:00pm Pacific time. I am tired of driving all day for three days straight. Not used to this kind of driving anymore. I will sleep tonight!

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58