'02 7.3 A/C issue

snoman02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok Fellas,
I'm having issues with my A/C. when first started, it blows ice cold, after 15-20 mins it goes warm and humid. a few mins later its back to ice cold. I have replaced the high pressure switch< and the wiring harness that controls the clutch also. what am i missing? Mid summer of last year i had a friend put his gauges on it, he said he added a little bit of coolant, but not much. it still did the same thing afterwards. what is the proper gap in the compressor clutch? I'm gonna take a look at it tomorrow again.:dunno

thanks,
Brent

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with my 04 doing that drove me nuts, ended up breaking everything up and replacing the orifice tube, dryer, compressor, before I could get it to work right. Put the gauges back on and check both low and high side. I would pull the hood and put the gauges on and go for a drive and see what it's doing after 20min..

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
just post up the numbers while it's cooling..

what I'd like to see you do is pop the hood while it's NOT cooling, and tell me if the compressor runs..

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Remove the spacer/washer behind the a/c clutch. 15 minute job including learning curve.

Tbar

snoman02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Preliminary testing has shown that the removal of the spacer behind the clutch has solved my problem. It's now officially an ice box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok