04 heated seats/mirrors

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
I bought this truck used, but in excellent condition, so I don't know why it's like this...

The heated seats were not working on either side. So, I poked around and found the switches unplugged. Other than an un-known failure, can anybody think of a reason they would be unplugged? After plugging them back in they seem to work fine.... :dunno

Reaction score
Well alot of people hit the button when they get in especially on lifted trucks. So they prolly got tired of driving around in the summer with hot butts. I've hit the buttons on my buddies seat getting in with my leg.

kenholl

Reaction score
Great point!

The button certainly could have been designed better, or placed elsewhere. It makes sense that they would unplug it during the summer. I will assume that is why he did, unless anyone else has any other ideas.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I unplug my mirrors in the summer, and reconnect them in the winter. I actually pull the fuse.

Dave

kenholl

Reaction score
I unplug my mirrors in the summer, and reconnect them in the winter. I actually pull the fuse.

I haven't seen my mirrors light-up yet. I wonder if the previous owner did the same thing. I can check for the fuse on my own, but is there any way to test the mirrors to prove they work?

kenholl

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, Ken. I meant mirror heat. My truck has heated mirrors.

No confusion whatsoever...I was tracking with you!

Yeah if yer truck has heated mirrors then when ever the key is on the mirror heat is on.

There is a symbol on the mirror indicating they are heated, Doesn't that symbol light up when the heat is on? I assumed it did. Otherwise, how would you know they are working?

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
That symbol on the mirrors does not light up. To see if there working, you can just feel them after the truck has been running for a while, as they are always on, when the truck is on.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is always hitting the heated seat on the right side and says something like I am getting the Hot Butt over here.
I have thought about unpluging her seat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14